Formatt Filter 4x4" 4mm Fog 2
Formatt Fog Filters are excellent filters when you want to recreate the effects of natural fog. It generates a soft glow and flare - producing a warm romantic tone. A natural fog causes lights to glow and flare. Contrast is lower, and sharpness may be affected as well.
If you think of a perfume atomizer, that is what a Fog Filter will resemble. Like tiny droplets in the air, they create a soft image that is useful when you need to recreate the effect of humidity in a tropical scene.
Formatt Fog Filters are also available as Double Fog Filters. Double Fog Filters do not offer the same diffusion as traditional Fog Filters. They are slightly weaker in effect.
Formatt, a company with three generations of professional filter-making experience produces every filter to the highest technical standards. The finest materials, together with state of-the-art production technology have resulted in a standard of optical excellence unmatched anywhere else.
Note! Fog Filters are available in densities from 1/8 - 5, with 5 having the strongest effect
- Varying degrees of "Fogginess" reduce visual contrast and color saturation of the image
- Fog Filters create a halo around bright lights, as real fog would
- Each filter is manufactured from Schott Glass
- Absolute consistency in color and density to Kodak Wratten standards
- Precision grinding and polishing result in unbeatable optical flatness allowing use on even ultra-long focal length lenses
- Filter edges are protected with a unique frame for maximum protection and easy handling